We invite photographers to submit photographs that showcase and present Karnataka’s amazing biodiversity. Through this crowdsourced exhibition, photographs can generate a sense of wonder and empathy with this state’s wilderness and join hands to promote Karnataka’s Year of the Wild. Selected photographs will be displayed in seven cites in Karnataka – Bangalore, Mangalore, Hampi, Belgaum, Davanagere, Shivamogga, Mysore – in one of the largest crowdsourced exhibitions in the state.
HOW TO UPLOAD
Login/ Sign up on NiF Hive, upload a photo and select Wild Karnataka as the category. Please note, only images in that category will be reviewed for the exhibition.
REGISTRATION AND SUBMISSION
- Submissions will be open from December 6 until December 26, 2017.
- The campaign closes at 11:59 PM IST on December 26, 2017.
- Submissions can be made only via the NiF Hive section of the Nature inFocus website.
- Write to us at email@example.com for any queries or issues.
- The organiser of the exhibition will be allowed to use the selected images in promotion of the event and for other promotional activities for Nature inFocus. For any other use, the organisers will contact the photographers before using the image.
- Any disputes are subject to Bangalore jurisdiction.
- All digital images must be in JPEG format, RGB mode, with a minimum of 1920 pixels (on the longer side) at 100 dpi.
- The image size should not exceed 4MB.
- Photographs with borders, frames, watermarks or signatures will not be considered for printing.
- Basic re-touching (brightness, saturation, sharpening and contrast) of images is acceptable as long as the photograph retains its original form.
- Once shortlisted, participants may be contacted to provide higher resolution versions of the photograph. All information regarding post-processing of the image must be shared on request.
- Stitching of images is allowed only if the resultant image is a panoramic one.
- Each image will have to be accompanied by a relevant title and description.
- Entrants must be mindful of the welfare of the animals they are photographing and ensure that no harm, injury or distress is caused to the animal or to the habitat in an attempt to secure the image.
- Entrants must not deceive the viewer or attempt to disguise and/ or misrepresent the reality of the natural scene.
- Entrants are responsible for ensuring full compliance with any applicable national or international legislation and for securing any relevant permits that may be required in the process of photography.
- No images of pets or captive animals will be accepted.
- If the organisers suspect that an entry has been achieved through cruel or unethical practices, including the use of live bait, the entry will not be considered.
- Caption information supplied during the submission process must be complete, true and accurate.
- Any breach of the ethical standards listed here will be considered a breach of the rules.